It’s time to start blogging. Below you will read a detailed SiteGround StartUp review to see if this plan is right for you. You need a web host that is inexpensive and comes packed with hosting features.
There are many starter options from different hosting companies, but I believe SiteGround StartUp is the best option. No other hosting provider surpasses SiteGround in customer satisfaction and features.
Easy website creation.
One of my favorite reasons for using SiteGround is the easy website creation. I’ve tried many different hosting companies and by far SiteGround is the easiest to set up with. When you are new to building websites everything can seem so foreign to you.
No one wants to spend 30 minutes or longer to set up their site. No one wants to have to go through their control panel to install WP. All of this might seem overwhelming to new domain owners. SiteGround fixes this problem by offering a rare WordPress setup wizard.
Many companies claim to have a one-click setup, but SiteGround really has a one-click setup. Their preinstall wizard will install WordPress for you automatically. All that is left for you to do is set up your login information and log into your WordPress dashboard. At the end of this article, I will walk you through the setup process which takes only a few minutes.
HostGator’s starter plan is going to cost you $3.95/mo at 36 months. Bluehost’s starter plan is also going to cost you $3.95 at 36 months. The Arvixe starter plan is going to cost a few dollars more at $7 a month.
InMotion’s shared startup plan starts at $5.99 a month. These are some of the top hosting providers in the world. However, SiteGround’s StartUp plan is cheaper than all of them. You can purchase it today at 60% off for $3.95 a month.
You might look at the $3.95 price and think it’s similar to the BH and HG plan, but remember that SiteGround does not have to be purchased for 36 months to receive this cheap price, while the others do have to be purchased at 36 months.
Also, I would like to mention that the StartUp plan is $2 cheaper than SiteGround’s next plan which is their GrowBig hosting plan and $8 cheaper than the SiteGround GoGeek hosting plan.
Multiple data center locations is a must.
Another reason that SiteGround StartUp is a top choice is because throughout the years they have added data centers in various continents to accommodate their customers. SiteGround’s first data center location was in London.
This was perfect for their European clients. Given its infrastructure and connectivity, London became their next ideal data center location. Their London data center greatly improved site performance for their United Kingdom customers.
The increase in SiteGround data center locations did not stop there. Over the years they have added three more data center locations. They have added a United states, Singapore, and Italy location. In total, they have 5 locations in 3 continents and they expect to have more in the future.
The biggest disadvantage with their StartUp plan.
The StartUp plan is a great option for beginners. The only real disadvantage that some may have with it is that there is only 10GB web space. For a new blogger this is more than enough but this might be an issue years down the line.
If you don’t plan on having a huge blog, then this might be just what you need. If you need a little more than upgrading to SiteGround Grow Big may not be a bad idea. Other disadvantages of SiteGround StartUp are that it is suitable for only 10,000 monthly visits.
Also, while you do have all the essential features, you will not receive Premium or Geeky advanced features. Premium features include Priority technical support, SuperCacher for speed, 1 year free Wildcard SSL, 30 Backup copies. Geeky advanced features include free PCI compliance, WordPress & Joomla Staging, one-click Git-repo creation, and fewer accounts on your servers.
What features does the SiteGround Startup plan come with.
- Free website transfer – You are easily able to transfer your website from any web hosting provider to SiteGround for free.
- 24/7 web hosting support – With SiteGround you are given various support options such as phone, email, and live chat support.
- Free app installs – SiteGround supports 500+ popular applications.
- Free email accounts – Create multiple business emails for your business for you and your family.
- Unmetered traffic – This is great when you have unexpected traffic spikes.
- Free SSLs – SSL (Secure Sockets Layer) is the standard security technology for establishing an encrypted link between a web server and a browser. This is needed for ecommerce.
- HTTP/2 – HTTP/2 enabled servers mean faster loading browsers.
- cPanel & SSH – This is a beautiful and easy to use web based control panel which will help you manage your hosting company.
- Free Website Builder – SiteGround gives you an easy drag & drop builder for your site.
- SSD Storage – 1000x increase in input/output operations.
- Free daily backups – SiteGround will automatically keep a backup for shared and cloud hosting accounts for a period of up to 30 and 7 days accordingly.
- Free Cloudflare CDN – CloudFlare will help improve your websites page load time, reduce your sites bandwidth usage, and reduce CPU usage on the server.
- Unlimited MSQL DB
- 30 Day money back guarantee
Quick review from a satisfied customer.
mprstudio.com – SiteGround is my go-to host for all of my websites. From top-notch web servers to impeccable customer/tech support, they are the best web host I’ve ever used.
If you only need one website, then SiteGround StartUp is a great option. GrowBig and GoGeek allow you to host multiple domains on one SiteGround hosting account.
Their StartUp plan gives you most of the essential features. If you desire more storage space and more premium features that might be a reason to upgrade. However, if this is your first website and you don’t need much, then SiteGround StartUp does the trick. Create a site today to try it for yourself.
5 minute site creation